These instructions give the user a quick overview of how to use Arch System’s IOTile Companion Mobile App to connect to sensors and upload data.
Steps to Upload Data
- If you already have an IOTile Companion App account, skip to step 6.
- Have a company administrator send you an invitation to your company account or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get access your company account.
- Click on the link in the introductory email and create an account.
- Download the IOTile Companion App from the iOS or Android App Store.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Login to the app using the account information from Step 3.
- Click on the company project.
- If there is more than one company project, ask which one you should be using.
- Click “Begin Scan”
- If a green star appears to the left of either device listed, it’s within Bluetooth range. If it’s not, move close to the sensor (20 feet).
- Click “Collect All” at the bottom of the screen.
- Note: if the message states that you collected more than 1,000 reports, you may need to upload more than once.
- Click “Close” at the bottom of the screen.
- 1Click on “Logs” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Note: our robust reports ensure no data is lost, so an acknowledgement back from the cloud is needed before the check marks turn green.
- Wait for green check marks to appear or no reports are shown before going to step 12.
- Click “Collect All” at the bottom of the screen after you see the green checks .
- Note: if the check marks are yellow, you will upload the same data twice.
- Repeat steps 8-12 until the middle message states “Received no data”
Please contact email@example.com for any support needs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.