These instructions give the user a quick overview of how to connect the battery and then use Arch System’s IOTile Companion Mobile App to make sure that the POD-1M Shipping Tracker has powered up correctly.
- Loosen the screws enough to open the POD-1M lid. The screws do not have to be removed entirely and can remain connected to the lid.
- Snap the battery wiring clip into the connector on the bottom board as shown in the image below.
- The red wire is closest to the ribbon cable.
Confirm POD-1M has powered up correctly
- If you already have an IOTile Companion App account, skip to step 6.
- Have a company (organization) administrator send you an invitation to your company account or email email@example.com to get access your company account.
- All devices are associated with a company account, and you have to be a member of that account to connect to the device.
- Click on the link in the introductory email and create your account.
- Download the IOTile Companion App from the iOS or Android App Store.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Login to the app using the account information from Step 3.
- Click on the company project.
- If there is more than one company project, ask which one you should be using.
- Click “Begin Scan”
- If a green star appears to the left of a device listed, it’s within Bluetooth range. If it’s not, make sure you are within range (20 feet).
- Compare the device ID listed on the side of the POD-1M that you just installed the battery to the device ID’s shown in the mobile app. If the device ID’s match and you have a green star next to the device, the POD-1M has powered up correctly.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any support needs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.