Topics covered in this article:
1. Install ArchFX Setup Desktop App
To install an Access Point, you must first install the ArchFX Setup Desktop App.
2. Select Access Point Configurator
After the the ArchFX Setup Desktop App is installed, select the Access Point Configurator:
3. Enter the Access Point UUID
You will be prompted to enter the Access Point UUID:
- The Access Point (AP) Universal ID is the last 4 digits (after all the zeros) in the AP's Serial Number printed on the side.
- After entering the Access Point UUID, click CONNECT.
4. Configure network details
4.1 Click Network.
4.2 Then click Ethernet.
4.3 Click the edit icon.
4.4 Fill in the Static IP, Netmask, Gateway, and DNS for your network.
4.5 Click SAVE CHANGES.
5. Verify network details
5.1 After configuration, verify that the network info is correct. If you don’t see the proper IP or “Configured” is “False,” reboot AP and repeat previous step.
5.2 As a final test, make sure that you can ‘ping’ the device ‘IP’ from a terminal while on the same network.
6. Set up MQTT
6.1 Click MQTT
6.2 Click the add icon in the top right to add a broker.
6.3 Fill in the MQTT Bridge details and click SAVE.
6.4 Verify that your broker is listed and click on it to verify the broker info.