The date picker is located in the upper right corner of the screen. It lets you choose a date or date range to view data for.
Key concepts for understanding the date picker
- When you first open Global KPIs Solution, it defaults to showing data from the previous calendar day. (The date picker has the previous calendar day selected by default.)
- Times for a Site's activity are relative to the Site's local time in the Site's own time zone.
- The "day" for a Site is defined as the 24-hour period beginning at the start time for the Site's first shift and continuing until the same time in the next day. For example, if a Site's first shift begins at 5:00 a.m., the Site's "Monday, January 18th" will run from Monday, January 18th at 5:00 a.m. through Tuesday, January 19th 4:59:59 a.m in local time.
- Weeks are based on the Site’s Factory Schedule. The default schedule is from 7 a.m. Sunday through 6:59:59 a.m. Saturday; ArchFX Cloud can be used to define other schedules.
- There is typically a one- to two-hour delay before data from machines is available in the cloud. This delay depends on how many Sites need to be processed for a given Organization.
- It will take one to two hours after the end of scheduled working hours for data to be processed and summaries to be available for Organizations, Regions and Sites.
- Use the Custom date feature to select intervals such as nonstandard start and end days for weeks and months and other periods of time such as five-week "reporting months" or calendar quarters.
Using the Date Picker default date ranges
Click on the date in the upper right corner of the screen to get the date picker pop-up. There are two ways to select the date:
- You can use the dropdown menu to choose, Day, Week, or Custom. If you click on Day or Week, move your mouse over the calendar to choose the Day or Week you want to see data for. The calendar highlights the date range you are about to select. (To select a Custom date range, see the section below.)
- You can also click on one of the Shortcuts to select Yesterday, Current week, Last week, Current month, or Last month.
When you select the date range, the pop-up closes, the date picker retains the date range you selected, and the data is show for that date range.
Selecting a Custom date range
Select a Custom date range when you want to see data that you can't select using the default options. For example, your company may define the work week as starting on Saturday and ending on Friday, or you may want to compare the weekend shifts to the work week shifts.
- Click on the down arrow, then choose Custom.
- In the calendar, click on the start date you want.
- Next, click on the end date you want. As you move your mouse from the start date to the end date, the date range is highlighted. When you click on the end date, the pop-up closes, the date picker retains the date range you selected, and the data is shown for that date range.
Comparing data from ArchFX Cloud and Global KPIs Solutions to data from in-house tools
Because the ArchFX Cloud and Global KPIs Solutions "day" runs from the start of the day's first shift until the start of the next day's first shift, if you want to compare data for a "day" or "week" with data gathered by in-house tools, it is critical that the start and end times used match exactly, or your data will not match. For example, if you want to compare data from the Global KPIs Solutions to data from your in-house tool for "Monday, January 18th" and the first shift on Monday begins at 5:00 a.m. local time, make sure to take the data from your in-house system from the start of first shift at 5:00 a.m. on Monday to 4:59:59 a.m. on Tuesday.
Please sign in to leave a comment.