Getting Access to Action Manager
Email email@example.com or contact your company's Arch representative with information on the site you require access to.
Setting up Alerts
"Scope" refers to the site, area, line for which a particular alert is set up for.
"Group" refers to a set of one or more members that are assigned an action. Enter into Groups and follow the steps to define a new group:
- Add new group with the "+Add" button
- Give a group name
- Choose site that is associated with group
- Add members to the group from dropdown. Note that only members from the selected site or global admins are available in dropdown.
- Press the "+ Add" button on top of the page to add a new playbook.
- Add a title name.
- Add description details.
- Enter content details activity for the playbook.
- Categorize the playbook to a specific collection type.
- Enter into the new playbook from the list.
- Click on the edit button on top of the page.
- Now you can edit in more detail the playbook visibility and steps.
- Add pictures and diagrams attachments.
- Click the save button.
Create a new profile:
- Select from predefined module sets within this page.
- Once you enter into the Module page, you will see a list of defined profiles. You can search and choose an existing one by module or by location.
- In this step, you can set a new profile by clicking the "+ Add new" button.
- Follow and fill in the relevant fields within the pop-up screen.
- Select the relevant module.
- Set a description for the profile.
- Select from the drop-down list the relevant scope (line → area → site)
- Enter into the specific new profile defined to categorize it in more details
- Enter threshold details specification.
- You can use the information details within each field provided.
- Define process time window:
- Check every (day/hour/minute) you want to search.
- Set the window time frame for the alert to be checked (day/hour/minute).
- Press the save button.
- Select the relevant playbook.
- Click on the routing tab on top of the page
- Define escalation routing definition (groups and type of escalations).
- Go back to the AM landing page
Responding to actions
Once alerts have been set up,
- Enter into "My Action" to see the list of actions assigned to you and your group.
- Enter into the specific alert assigned to you (or by email link or directly from the list in My Action).
- Choose from the button list whether to:
- Resolve - if you solve the problem.
- Ignore - to ignore the alert
- Reassign - to another member of the group
- For the recommended tasks for the Playbook, you can click thumbs up and thumbs down.
Manual Action Creation
You can manually create an action and assign it to a group via the "Add new" button in "Actions" Page. Profile and Action will appear empty for manual actions.
Contains information on number of alerts and status over time.